The VIMFF Adventure Grant
THE VIMFF ADVENTURE GRANT 2020/21
Applications are now being accepted for this year’s VIMFF Adventure Grant: a grant to enable local explorers and adventurers to undertake their dream expeditions.
The VIMFF Adventure Grant will award a total of $2500 to local teams who have exploratory and human powered objectives in adventurous arenas. Our aim is to support Canadian adventures both in our own backyard and around the world, while promoting a multitude of outdoor pursuits and bringing the resulting story to the VIMFF stage for our community to enjoy.
Details & Requirements:
• Open for applications November 14th 2019 and closes January 15th 2020.
• Recipients of the grants will be awarded at the 23rd annual VIMFF in February 2020.
• The supported expedition must take place between February 2020 and January 2021.
• The VIMFF Adventure grant is open to Canadian residents of British Columbia and Alberta.
• Expeditions must be exploratory in nature.
• Any and all human powered outdoor pursuits will be considered, including, but not limited to: cycling, hiking, trail running, climbing, skiing and paddling.
• There are no geographical restrictions regarding the expedition.
• Expedition participants must be extensively prepared, through both physical training and gear preparation.
• Recipients must be self-reliant and carry appropriate safety gear and communication devices relevant for the location and activity.
• Participants must minimize environmental impacts and practice safe, responsible use of the outdoors.
All applications should include the following:
• An introduction to expedition participants, including their relevant qualifications, experience and contact information.
• Trip summary (one paragraph), including trip title, objective, start date, return date, and location.
• Detailed trip description, including how the expedition and participants meet each of the requirements listed above.
• Link to relevant blog or web pages.
• Names of other expedition sponsors and/or relevant athletic sponsors.
• A detailed trip budget including all trip expenses and how much contribution you hope to receive from the VIMFF Adventure Grant (grant fund of $2500).
• A description and/or example of the capacity within the expedition team to provide high-quality, video and/or photographic images, and relevant story-telling abilities.
• The trip must take place between March 2020 and January 2021.
• At least one member of the team must give a presentation on their trip at the VIMFF in February 2021.
How to Apply:
• Applications to be emailed to: [email protected]
• The deadline for applications is January 15th 2020.
• The recipients will be announced at VIMFF in February 2020.