VIMFF Is Looking For A Partnerships Account Manager!
Job Posting: Partnerships Account Manager
The ideal candidate is passionate about the outdoors, is looking for part-time contract work, and is comfortable working from home. We are a small but passionate non-profit organization with a vision to inspire adventurous thought and action for the betterment of people and the planet.
Title: Partnerships Account Manager
Reports to: Partnerships Manager
Job Type: Part-time, year round
Candidates MUST have a valid work permit for Canada.
The role, responsibilities, performance expectations, and required qualifications of the Partnerships Account Manager are as follows:
The Partnerships Account Manager will work with our Partnerships Manager to be the main contact for all of our partners. You will be detail oriented and customer focused. You will execute on all the deliverables of the partnership contracts and work with the VIMFF team to ensure all deliverables have been met. You will work closely with our partners to understand their needs and work to grow all partnership relationships. You will also work with the Partnerships Manager to develop a prospect list and sell new partnerships.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist Partnerships Manager to set department timelines, sales targets, strategies and plans for the year
- Assist Partnerships Manager to review and update current partnerships tools including pitch decks, contracts and reporting templates. These will be updated as needed
- Act as the day to day point of contact for all of our partners
- Has a thorough understanding of the goals, objectives, reporting structure, budgeting period and company updates for each partner
- Work with existing partners to discover new opportunities and grow revenue
- Work with the Marketing Manager and Graphic Designer to create new materials, presentations and reports for partnership recaps
- Provide comprehensive and timely reports summarizing program successes and metrics
- Work with the VIMFF team to ensure all partner requests or deliverables are met in a timely manner (complimentary tickets, social media posts, collateral, booth placement, give-aways, etc)
- Ensure the Partnerships Deliverables chart is updated
- Be the conduit between partner requests/needs and the rest of the VIMFF team
- Ensure the Partnership Deliverables chart is sent to each partner
- Ensure partner contracts are signed in advance of the Festival
- Assist in creating partner contracts
- Create partner invoices
- Assist in creating a system for managing detailed notes and archived files relevant to the position (prospecting, contracts, reporting etc) and systems for tracking and storing information relating to all partnerships
- Create a partner synopsis summarizing partner agreements
- Proactively managing the process of creating the annual Partner Report at the conclusion of the festival in February, as well as a summary of metrics from the monthly virtual events and the Fall Series
- Recording time spent on work done for each partner project
- Ensure the Partnerships Deliverables chart is updated and sent to all current partners, along with the annual Partnership Report at the end of the February Festival
- Regular check-ins with partners to manage relationships and ensure their partnership expectations are being met
- Work with Management Committee to create a post-event survey for the partners to understand and elevate the VIMFF partnership program
- Assist Partnerships Manager in reviewing tools including pitch decks, contracts and reporting templates.
Sourcing and securing partners; Sales
- Identify smaller partner prospects (<$2000), solicit and secure partners that align with the VIMFF’s values
- Make in-person visits to prospects when required
- Manage incoming partner inquiries (refer larger opportunities to the Partnership Manager)
- Network and build new partner relationships on behalf of the Festival
- Work with Marketing Manager and Graphic Designer to create new proposals, materials, presentations and reports for partnership solicitation, outreach and recaps
Attending Staff Meetings
- Report on partnership progress at team meetings, feeding into the overall festival development process
- Attend post festival debrief session, providing constructive feedback and suggestions for improvement
Other duties as assigned
Rate: Hourly rate + commissions depending on experience
Weekly hours will vary from 10-20 hours per week, depending on the time of year. The busiest months will be October through March with extra hours required during in person event weeks in November and February. Ideally the candidate is a contractor who has the flexibility to support this part time position with varied hours throughout the year.
Please email resume and cover letter to Mike Finnegan at [email protected] with Partnerships Account Manager in the subject line by midnight September 15th, 2021.
We thank all those who apply. We will only contact those selected for an interview by mid September. Start date: early October