VIMFF Is Looking For A Marketing Coordinator To Join Our Team!
Job Posting: Marketing Coordinator
VIMFF is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to coordinate the marketing for all VIMFF events throughout the year with an aim to increase sales for the events, steward the growth of the festival community, and build upon and refine the VIMFF’s existing marketing practices and processes.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the outdoors, is looking for part-time contract work, and is comfortable working from home. We are a small but passionate non-profit organization with a vision to inspire adventurous thought and action for the betterment of people and the planet.
The position details:
- Contract, year-round, with busy periods between January- March; September – November
- During busy periods, 15-20 hours per week; During quieter periods, 10-20 hours per month
- Pay commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Start Date: End of November, 2019
The successful candidate will:
- Have 3+ years of marketing experience, including experience in social media content creation, strategy, engagement and platform management including paid social advertising for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Have experience creating digital newsletters, including content creation and curation. Mailchimp experience is an asset
- Have experience with copywriting across different platforms
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have strong time-management skills, as well as the ability to work remotely
- Have a passion for mountain and outdoor adventure. Interest, experience and involvement in outdoor activities and communities within Vancouver and the Sea to Sky corridor in a must!
- Experience in non-profit considered an asset
Key Areas of Responsibility
Marketing Strategy and Outreach Management
- Develop and implement integrated and comprehensive marketing plans for each Festival event, incorporating communications, sales and audience development strategies in collaboration with the VIMFF team
- Establish and oversee the marketing budgets for Festival, in liaison with Treasurer, Chair, and Festival Director
- Create and deliver email newsletters and organize list of recipients for various festival events
- Maintain and grow community and corporate partner list and generate custom content as needed
- Organize door prizes, contests, and raffles as a way to collect more contacts & emails leading up to and during the festival
- Write copy for various marketing materials and write blog posts
- Create digital designs and work with our Graphic Designer as needed for community outreach, email newsletters and social media
- Work with Website Designer to ensure website updates are done in a timely manner
- Work with Festival Director, Festival Coordinator and Programming Director during festival times to analyze which shows/events need more promotion and create strategy as needed
- Work with the Graphic Designer to create and implement brand guidelines
- Assist with the creation, branding, pick up and distribution of print materials
- Work closely with Partnership Administrator as required to deliver agreed marketing outcomes to Festival Sponsors and to maximise branding opportunities for sponsors
Social Media & Paid Advertising Management
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with marketing and Festival growth goals including organic posts and paid advertising
- Create and publish relevant, original, high-quality content across all channels
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Oversee design of social media accounts
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, such as promotions and competitions
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Train and manage social media volunteers as needed
- Represent VIMFF by engaging in online communities
- Work with Festival Director and PR Manager to manage print and paid advertising calendar including specs and deadlines
- Ensure all advertising is consistent with brand and is in line with specific Festival campaigns
- Contribute to management and team meetings in respect to marketing
- Attend and present to meetings of the Board of Directors as required
- Present analytics and reports as required
- Organize and maintain marketing resources, designs, calendars, etc. in digital format
Please email resume and cover letter to Jani at firstname.lastname@example.org with Marketing Coordinator in the subject line.
We thank all those who apply. We will contact those selected for an interview by Wednesday 20th of November.