VIMFF Is Looking For A Partnership Manager To Join Our Team!
Job Posting: Partnership Manager
The ideal candidate is passionate about the outdoors, is looking for part-time contract work, and is comfortable working from home. We are a small but passionate non-profit organization with a vision to inspire adventurous thought and action for the betterment of people and the planet.
Reports To: Festival Director
Job Type: Part-time, year round
Candidates MUST have a valid work permit for Canada.
The role, responsibilities, performance expectations, and required qualifications of the Partnership Manager are as follows:
The role of our Partnership Manager is to identify, solicit, secure and maintain relationships with our corporate, industry and community partners. In coordination with the Festival Director and the Management Committee, the Partnership Manager will develop and execute a long and short-term partnership strategy, will develop general and custom proposals and presentations to be utilized in partner solicitations, and administer all partnerships, ensuring contracts are created and signed, and all deliverables are met, and reported on regularly.
Specifically, the VIMFF Partnership Manager is responsible for:
Sourcing and Securing Partners
- Utilize telephone solicitation, electronic and written correspondence and face-to-face meetings, along with any other means and tools in order to identify prospects, solicit and secure partners that align with the VIMFF’s values
- Make in-person visits to prospects when required
- Manage incoming partnership inquiries
- Network and build partner relationships on behalf of the Festival
- Work with the Management Committee to set partnership timelines, sales targets, strategies and plans for the year
- Work within and meet Festival timelines and partnership deadlines
- Work with Festival Director and Management Committee to plan out division of partnership outreach work
- Work with Marketing Manager and Graphic Designer to create proposals, materials, presentations and reports for partnership solicitation, outreach and recaps
- Provide comprehensive and timely reports summarizing partner program successes and metrics
- Ensure all partner requests or deliverables are met in a timely manner (complimentary tickets, social media posts, collateral, booth placement, give-aways, etc)
- Create and ensure all partner contracts are signed in advance of the Festival
- Create a system for maintaining detailed notes and archived files relevant to the position (prospecting, contracts, reporting etc) and systems for tracking and storing statuses and information relating to partnerships.
- Proactively managing the process of creating the annual Partner Report at the conclusion of the February Festival, as well as a summary of metrics from the virtual events and Fall Series with relevant team members to collate necessary data and text for the reports
- Ensure the Partnership Deliverables chart is updated and sent to all current partners, along with the yearly Partnership Report at the end of the February Festival
- Regular check-ins with partners to manage relationships and ensure their partnership expectations are being met
- Creates and sends partner invoices as per signed contracts
- Works with Management Committee to create a post-event survey for the partners to understand and elevate the VIMFF partnership program
Attending Staff Meetings
- Report on partnership progress at team meetings, feeding into the overall festival development process
- Attend post festival debrief session, providing constructive feedback and suggestions for improvement
The performance of the VIMFF Partnership Manager will be evaluated against the following expectations:
- Reaching agreed upon partnership targets set by Management Committee
- Fulfilling tasks listed above in a timely and professional manner
- Achieve consistent and stable growth that aligns with the VIMFF partnership strategy
- Providing excellent customer service to all Festival partners
- Ability to work efficiently and professionally, problem solve and ask for support as needed
- Collaborative teamwork — open, respectful, enthusiastic
- Ability to express concerns, aspirations, and ideas openly and in a timely manner
Skills and qualifications
We’re looking for someone with the following skills and qualities:
- Experience and proven track record in a non-profit sales/partnerships role
- Strategic and creative thinker, with the ability to customize offerings and initiatives to drive partnerships
- Well connected in the Vancouver/Sea-to-Sky outdoor and film-festival communities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and professionalism
- Passionate about delivering the highest quality customer service to partners
- Strong interest in and understanding of the VIMFF, and alignment with the VIMFF’s values, vision and mission
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Team-player with the ability to collaborate and work effectively with a small team
The Partnership Manager will be compensated with $1000 per month, year round (total of $12,000), plus commission on all new partnerships secured.
Please email resume and cover letter to Jani at firstname.lastname@example.org with Partnership Manager in the subject line by midnight January 10, 2021.
We thank all those who apply. We will contact those selected for an interview in mid-January. Start date, early February.