THE VIMFF COAST MOUNTAIN ADVENTURE GRANT presented by ARC’TERYX
Applications are now being accepted for this year’s VIMFF Coast Mountain Adventure Grant presented by ARC’TERYX: a grant to enable local explorers and adventurers to undertake their dream expeditions.
The VIMFF Coast Mountain Adventure Grant will award a total of $3000 CAD to local adventurers who have exploratory and human powered objectives in the Coast Mountains of the Pacific North West. Our aim is to support Canadian adventures in our own backyard, while promoting a multitude of outdoor pursuits and bringing the resulting story to the VIMFF stage for our community to enjoy.
Details & Requirements:
- Open for applications December 1st 2021 and closes January 31st 2022.
- Recipients of the grants will be awarded at the 25th annual VIMFF in February 2022.
- The supported expedition must take place between March and November 2022.
- The grant is open to residents of British Columbia and Alberta.
- Expeditions must be exploratory in nature and take place in the Pacific Coast Range of Western North America.
- Any and all human powered outdoor pursuits will be considered, including, but not limited to: cycling, hiking, trail running, climbing, skiing and paddling.
- Expedition participants must be extensively prepared, through both physical training and gear preparation.
- Recipients must be self-reliant and carry appropriate safety gear and communication devices relevant for the location and activity.
- Participants must minimize environmental impacts and practice safe, responsible use of the outdoors.
All applications should include the following:
- An introduction to expedition participants, including their relevant qualifications, experience and contact information.
- Trip summary (one paragraph), including trip title, objective, start date, return date, and location.
- Detailed trip description, including how the expedition and participants meet each of the requirements listed above.
- Link to relevant blog or web pages.
- Names of other expedition sponsors and/or relevant athletic sponsors.
- A detailed trip budget including all trip expenses and how much contribution you hope to receive from the grant (grant fund of $3000 CAD).
- A description and/or example of the capacity within the expedition team to provide high-quality, video and/or photographic images, and relevant story-telling abilities.
- The trip must take place between March 2022 and November 2022.
- At least one member of the team must give a presentation on their trip at the VIMFF in February 2023.
How to Apply:
- Applications to be emailed to: [email protected]
- The deadline for applications is January 31st 2022.
- The recipients will be announced at the VIMFF in February 2022.