THE NEW VOICES GRANT IS NOW CLOSED FOR APPLICATIONS.
The VIMFF, in partnership with Colour the Trails and with the financial support of the BC Arts Council, are proud to announce two new adventure film grants for emerging BIPOC filmmakers.
These two grants have been created to help amplify underrepresented stories within our community and to give new opportunities to up and coming BIPOC creatives to help kickstart a successful career in adventure filmmaking.
Successful recipients will receive mentorship throughout the process from experienced VIMFF alumni filmmakers. They will help guide and support the project through to completion and the film will premiere on the big screen at the VIMFF!
- The New Voices Grant will award two BIPOC adventure filmmakers $10,000 each to create their dream film.
- The proposed film must focus on outdoor adventure, mountain sports and/or mountain culture.
- Applications will be accepted from July 11th to August 31st 2022.
- Grant recipients will have until November 2023 to produce their film, where it will premiere at the VIMFF Fall Series.
- The New Voices Grant program has been established to support emerging BIPOC filmmakers (Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour).
- Applicants must reside in British Columbia, Canada.
How to Apply:
- Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31st 2022 with the subject title: “Application to New Voices Film Grant”.
Applications should include the following:
- Full bio and details of filmmaking experiences – including links to previous films, show reels and any other applicable projects.
- Proposed film basics – name, projected length, synopsis.
- Location, timing and logistics – when? where? how?
- Detailed story line – Why do you think this story needs to be told? Why does this narrative appeal to you as a filmmaker?
- Detailed budget breakdown of all costs involved
Please direct any enquiries to email@example.com