VIMFF Film Grant presented by ARC'TERYX
VIMFF and ARC’TERYX have partnered to present this filmmaker development grant to further our shared commitment to supporting Canadian adventure film.
The grant award’s $5000 CAD to the selected recipient filmmaker to produce their proposed project which will premiere at VIMFF the following calendar year.
This grant is intended to support emerging filmmakers specializing in mountain film. We hope it will help them kick start a successful career and enable them to produce a film they have been dreaming of.
Our aim is to support the development of Canadian adventure filmmakers, promote self-propelled wilderness adventures and bring the resulting story to the VIMFF screen for our community to enjoy.
Details of the Grant:
- Applications will be accepted from December 1st 2021 until January 31st 2022.
- Recipients of the filmmaker grant will be announced at the VIMFF in February 2022.
- The supported film project will be produced between March and December 2022.
- The winning filmmaker will be awarded $5000 CAD from the VIMFF & ARC’TERYX to be used towards the production of their film project.
- The final film will premiere at the 26th annual VIMFF in February 2023.
- Individuals must be Canadian residents and be residing within Canada.
- The proposed film topic must be in line with the activities that VIMFF and ARC’TERYX support and encourage. Therefore the film topic must profile self-propelled wilderness oriented adventures.
How to Apply:
- Applications should be emailed to [email protected] by January 31st 2022 with the subject title: “Application to Adventure Film Grant”.
Applications should include the following:
- Full bio and professional resume of the main filmmaker(s) – including links to previous films, show reels and any other applicable projects.
- Full breakdown on the rest of the film crew, including name, position, relevant experience.
- Proposed film basics – name, projected length, synopsis.
- Location, timing and logistics – when? where? how?
- Detailed story line – why do you think this story needs to be told? Why does this narrative appeal to you as a filmmaker?
- Detailed budget breakdown of all costs involved
- Any other sponsorships or funding support you may have in place.
Please direct any enquiries to [email protected].