VIMFF Is Looking For A Bookkeeper To Join Our Team!
Job Posting: Bookkeeper
VIMFF is looking for a Bookkeeper to assist in managing our accounting and finance requirements. The ideal candidate is passionate about the outdoors, is looking for part-time contract work, and is comfortable working from home. We are a small but passionate non-profit organization based in North Vancouver with a vision to inspire adventurous thought and action for the betterment of people and the planet.
The position details:
- Contract, year-round, with busy periods between January-April; August; November-December
- Between 15 and 30 hours a month depending on busy periods
- Pay commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Start Date: September 2018
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent knowledge of and experience with Excel, MS Office, and Sage Software (previously called Simply Accounting Software)
- Have 1 to 3 years of bookkeeping, data-entry, and record keeping experience, and an excellent understanding of double-entry bookkeeping
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have strong time management and organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Have the ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Have a passion for mountain and outdoor adventure
- Experience in non-profit considered an asset
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversee and manage chart of accounts
- Be responsible for accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
- Settle accounts by reconciling entries
- Produce financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information
- Assist in annual budget creation and reporting
- Craft Accounts Receivable invoices, review payments received, and record deposits
- Support quality archived records by filing documents
- Assist HR Manager with managing payroll
- Participate in staff and board meetings
- Provide administrative and office support as needed
Please email resume and coverletter to email@example.com with Bookkeeper Position in the subject line by August 17th, 2018.
We thank all those who apply. We will contact those selected for an interview after the closing date.